Become A Teacher Ambassador
Our Teacher Ambassador program is an online community of teachers supporting their students to find their voice and make a difference in the lives of students at a local Title 1 school. This program is designed to help support teachers to implement service projects for their students. Together, teachers and students will embark on a life changing experience for their school community.
What Teacher Ambassadors Do:
A teacher ambassador is a teacher who partners with Give More HUGS to encourage and empower their students to participate in leadership trainings through a service project with their students. Teacher Ambassadors and their students come up with a Give More HUGS service project to help students in their community. Teachers dive into an unforgettable experience serving as mentors for students in their classroom, school or community. Teachers hand select students in their school community to be a part of this experience. It can be 1 class or all classes. Get ready for a life changing experience with your students!
What are some of the expectations of a Teacher Ambassador?
We know that your schedule is filled, but we want to help you and your students participate in meaningful leadership and community service opportunities. If your students have to complete community service hours, we encourage you to become a Teacher Ambassador! It’s simple and fun! Plus, you get to network and meet amazing people from all walks of life and professions. Teacher Ambassadors provide an environment (your classroom, school library, computer room) and resources for their students to complete a community service project (If the project requires the entire school year, that is allowed). THINK BIG, THINK GLOBAL, ACT LOCAL!
This is what we will provide to help you:
- A mentor from Give More HUGS to help support community service project
- Guest Speaker via Skype to provide leadership training and inspiration to your students (we work with your schedule—all you have to do is schedule this opportunity three weeks in advance)
- We make it easy for your classroom to participate by providing ready to go kits for book drives, book signings, and/or school supply drives.
- We even provide incentives to teachers!
- Summer retreat to share experiences and collaborate with our network of Teacher Ambassadors
Eligibility for our Teacher Ambassador program:
- Teachers who live in Texas and the Greater New York area.
- Teachers who are passionate about service, literacy and education.
- Teachers who advise student clubs or have the ability to collaborate with an advisor of a student club.
- Ready to collaborate with teachers who share a passion for serving students in low-income communities.
Are you ready to be a part of a supportive and collaborative network of teachers?